Year End Impact Report 2020
As 2020 comes to an end, we’re looking back at our biggest legal victories for animals over the last year and looking ahead at what’s to come in 2021. Join Stephen Wells, executive director of the Animal Legal Defense Fund, as he shares stories behind this year’s biggest victories. Stephen will be answering questions from the audience throughout.
This webinar has been prerecorded. Watch it now.
- How We Work: Litigation Program
- Judge rules that accused Bay Area ‘puppy mill’ breeder may no longer own or be in possession of dogs
- Challenging a California Puppy Mill for Violating State and Local Laws
- Challenging the Cruel Treatment of Cows and Calves at Dick Van Dam Dairy
- Tell Target: Animal Cruelty is Not OK!
- Though Ruled Unconstitutional, Industry Continues Pushing Ag-Gag Laws: Updates in North Carolina, Kansas, Iowa, and Ontario
- Miyoko’s Preliminary Injunction Granted to Retain Labels without Threat of Enforcement as Case Continues
- Backyard Slaughter Survivors Head to Sanctuary!
- Gabriel the Pig’s video
- How We Work: Criminal Justice Program
- Animal Cruelty Prosecutor Jake Kamins Takes on Oregon Animal Abuse
- 34 Horses in Limbo: Pre-Trial Forfeiture
- How We Work: Legislation Program
- Protecting Wildlife from Harmful Poisons (California)
- Big Cat Public Safety Act (Federal)
- Add Your Name – Support the Farm System Reform Act
- How We Work: Animal Law Program
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters
- Animal Law Course – Emergency Course Grants
- Emergency Response Scholarships
- Student Chapter Program Guide – 2020-2021: Organizing for Animals in the Digital Age
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Clerkships
- Animal Law Update Series
- COVID-19 Response
- Year End Impact Report 2020 – PPT Presentation (PDF)
Chelsea Handler, Ethan Hawke, Bill Maher, and Dozens of Celebrities Urge New Jersey Legislators to Ban Gestation and Veal CratesActors Paul Wesley, Christina Ricci, Stevie Van Zandt and dozens of native and resident celebrities join the Animal Legal Defense Fund in an open letter urging the state’s legislators to end the intensive confinement of mother pigs and calves in New Jersey.May 10, 2021 Press Release
The Animal Legal Defense Fund files amicus brief seeking to prevent industries from using public record exemptions to hide information from the public.April 26, 2021 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund increases reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for harassing manatee in Citrus County, FloridaApril 20, 2021 Press Release