Year End Impact Report 2020
As 2020 comes to an end, we’re looking back at our biggest legal victories for animals over the last year and looking ahead at what’s to come in 2021. Join Stephen Wells, executive director of the Animal Legal Defense Fund, as he shares stories behind this year’s biggest victories. Stephen will be answering questions from the audience throughout.
This webinar has been prerecorded. Watch it now.
- How We Work: Litigation Program
- Judge rules that accused Bay Area ‘puppy mill’ breeder may no longer own or be in possession of dogs
- Challenging a California Puppy Mill for Violating State and Local Laws
- Challenging the Cruel Treatment of Cows and Calves at Dick Van Dam Dairy
- Tell Target: Animal Cruelty is Not OK!
- Though Ruled Unconstitutional, Industry Continues Pushing Ag-Gag Laws: Updates in North Carolina, Kansas, Iowa, and Ontario
- Miyoko’s Preliminary Injunction Granted to Retain Labels without Threat of Enforcement as Case Continues
- Backyard Slaughter Survivors Head to Sanctuary!
- Gabriel the Pig’s video
- How We Work: Criminal Justice Program
- Animal Cruelty Prosecutor Jake Kamins Takes on Oregon Animal Abuse
- 34 Horses in Limbo: Pre-Trial Forfeiture
- How We Work: Legislation Program
- Protecting Wildlife from Harmful Poisons (California)
- Big Cat Public Safety Act (Federal)
- Add Your Name – Support the Farm System Reform Act
- How We Work: Animal Law Program
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters
- Animal Law Course – Emergency Course Grants
- Emergency Response Scholarships
- Student Chapter Program Guide – 2020-2021: Organizing for Animals in the Digital Age
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Clerkships
- Animal Law Update Series
- COVID-19 Response
- Year End Impact Report 2020 – PPT Presentation (PDF)
The United States District Court for the Northern District of California ruled in favor of the Animal Legal Defense Fund and its co-plaintiffs, denying an attempt by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to dismiss a lawsuit against the agency.February 23, 2021 Press Release
A Courtroom Animal Advocate Program (CAAP) bill, S.2868/A.4533, which would allow law students and volunteer lawyers to advocate for animal victims in cruelty criminal cases, unanimously passed the New Jersey Senate. The bill is sponsored by Senator Nicholas Scutari and Assemblyman Raj Mukherji and endorsed by the Animal Legal Defense Fund.February 19, 2021 Press Release
The Animal Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s preeminent legal advocacy organization for animals, has released the 15th annual year-end U.S. Animal Protection Laws Rankings Report (2020), ranking the animal protection laws of all 50 states.February 17, 2021 Press Release