Emergency Response Scholarships
Scholarships are now available to Animal Legal Defense Fund student chapter members experiencing financial hardship due to world events.
The Animal Legal Defense Fund recognizes that law students now face unique and additional stressors during the COVID-19 pandemic, including financial stress that might increase barriers to continuing in law school. The Animal Legal Defense Fund Emergency Response Scholarships are available to Animal Legal Defense Fund student chapter members who have shown a commitment to protecting the lives and advancing the interests of animals through their chapter and are experiencing a financial hardship due to world events.
How to Apply:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicant must be a member of an active student chapter.
- Applicant must demonstrate outstanding commitment to animal law.
- Applicant must have financial need during 2020-2021 academic year.
- Submit application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Emergency Response Scholarships.”
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants must submit:
- A brief explanation of financial need (one-page maximum).
- A brief explanation of animal law involvement (two-page maximum).
- Current academic transcript (unofficial is accepted).
- Two references, at least one from a law school faculty member (references from the Animal Legal Defense Fund staff are not permitted).
Extreme changes to the regulations have widespread consequences for animals, surrounding communities, and the environmentSeptember 23, 2020 Press Release
The Animal Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s preeminent legal advocacy organization for animals, is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for illegally trapping a coyote in Essex County, Massachusetts.September 15, 2020 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund sues Foster Farms for violating California law by using cruel, water-intensive slaughter method during megadroughtSeptember 2, 2020 Press Release