Emergency Response Scholarships
Scholarships are now available to Animal Legal Defense Fund student chapter members experiencing financial hardship due to world events.
The Animal Legal Defense Fund recognizes that law students now face unique and additional stressors during the COVID-19 pandemic, including financial stress that might increase barriers to continuing in law school. The Animal Legal Defense Fund Emergency Response Scholarships are available to Animal Legal Defense Fund student chapter members who have shown a commitment to protecting the lives and advancing the interests of animals through their chapter and are experiencing a financial hardship due to world events.
How to Apply:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicant must be a member of an active student chapter.
- Applicant must demonstrate outstanding commitment to animal law.
- Applicant must have financial need during 2020-2021 academic year.
- Submit application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Emergency Response Scholarships.”
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants must submit:
- A brief explanation of financial need (one-page maximum).
- A brief explanation of animal law involvement (two-page maximum).
- Current academic transcript (unofficial is accepted).
- Two references, at least one from a law school faculty member (references from the Animal Legal Defense Fund staff are not permitted).
The Animal Legal Defense Fund filed a lawsuit against the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) over the agency’s critical redactions in a contract between the USDA’s Wildlife Services program and a Colorado slaughterhouse, outlining plans for slaughtering geese rounded up in parks across Denver.November 23, 2020 Press Release
New White Paper Offers Policy Recommendations to Combat Zoonotic Diseases and Pandemic Risk from Factory FarmingThe Animal Legal Defense Fund released the second in a series of white papers — COVID-19 and Factory Farming —providing policy recommendations to address industrial animal agriculture’s role in our heightened risk for zoonotic diseases outbreaks, like COVID-19, and its potential to be the source of the next global pandemic.November 19, 2020 Press Release
These awards celebrate chapters that have shown incredible efforts in advancing animal law and advocating for animals through original projects and initiatives. Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters are a vital part of the growing animal law movement.November 6, 2020 News