How Law Students Can Get Involved in Animal Law
Animal Legal Defense Fund
Law students interested in this cutting edge field must be inventive and proactive in seeking out opportunities to become involved. Below are some suggestions:
- Become an Animal Legal Defense Fund law student member!
- Get involved with your campus Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapter, or start a chapter if your school does not have one.
- Take an animal law class while in law school.
- If your school does not have an animal law class, petition for one.
- Participate in our Animal Law Academy webinars and events.
- Attend and participate in animal law conferences and events.
- Check out Animal Law 101.
- Attend your bar association’s animal law section or committee meetings and events
- Write a law review article and submit it to one of the law journals dedicated to animal law.
- Volunteer with your local animal protection group, humane society, farm sanctuary or animal law attorney.
- Join the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Pro Bono Program when you graduate from law school and help us win the case against cruelty.
- Apply for clerkships, internships, and fellowships.
On an early August morning, 34 horses seized from a scene of severe neglect began their 107th day in state custody. Horse rescue volunteers had nursed the horses back to health, and ready to be adopted. But the horses needed one more thing...November 8, 2019 News
The Animal Legal Defense Fund applauds Speaker Corey Johnson and the NYC Council for voting to end the sale of foie gras. Intro 1378, sponsored by Council Member Carlina Rivera, now moves to Mayor de Blasio, who is expected to sign the bill into law.October 30, 2019 News
Lawsuit alleges the government has unlawfully weakened protections for threatened and endangered speciesOctober 22, 2019 Press Release