How Law Students Can Get Involved in Animal Law
Animal Legal Defense Fund
Law students interested in this cutting edge field must be inventive and proactive in seeking out opportunities to become involved. Below are some suggestions:
- Become an Animal Legal Defense Fund law student member!
- Get involved with your campus Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapter, or start a chapter if your school does not have one.
- Take an animal law class while in law school.
- If your school does not have an animal law class, petition for one.
- Participate in our Animal Law Academy webinars and events.
- Attend and participate in animal law conferences and events.
- Check out Animal Law 101.
- Attend your bar association’s animal law section or committee meetings and events
- Write a law review article and submit it to one of the law journals dedicated to animal law.
- Volunteer with your local animal protection group, humane society, farm sanctuary or animal law attorney.
- Join the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Pro Bono Program when you graduate from law school and help us win the case against cruelty.
- Apply for clerkships, internships, and fellowships.
The Animal Legal Defense Fund files amicus brief in divorce case concerning custody and visitation of companion animalsJanuary 20, 2021 Press Release
The court’s decision ensures Special Memories Zoo is permanently closed following Animal Legal Defense Fund lawsuitJanuary 15, 2021 Press Release
For decades, Fischbacher, with his business partner Roy Horn, ran an infamous Las Vegas show that forced white tigers and lions to perform tricks in front of large audiences.January 14, 2021 Press Release