How Law Students Can Get Involved in Animal Law
Animal Legal Defense Fund
Law students interested in this cutting edge field must be inventive and proactive in seeking out opportunities to become involved. Below are some suggestions:
- Become an Animal Legal Defense Fund law student member!
- Get involved with your campus Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapter, or start a chapter if your school does not have one.
- Take an animal law class while in law school.
- If your school does not have an animal law class, petition for one.
- Participate in our Animal Law Academy webinars and events.
- Attend and participate in animal law conferences and events.
- Check out Animal Law 101.
- Attend your bar association’s animal law section or committee meetings and events
- Write a law review article and submit it to one of the law journals dedicated to animal law.
- Volunteer with your local animal protection group, humane society, farm sanctuary or animal law attorney.
- Join the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Pro Bono Program when you graduate from law school and help us win the case against cruelty.
- Apply for clerkships, internships, and fellowships.
Massachusetts is considering a number of significant animal protection bills this legislative session. The Animal Legal Defense Fund is supporting several priority bills.January 21, 2020 News
Animal Legal Defense Fund Publishes 2019 State Ranking ReportJanuary 21, 2020 Press Release