Professional Responsibility for the Animal Lawyer
The legal system poses many challenges and dilemmas for attorneys to navigate, and animal law issues can bring unique variations that are often not considered in usual discussions. Join us for a special CLE event, as Russ Mead leads attendees through a hypothetical scenario detailing what to do, what not to do, and what to look out for as an animal lawyer. The Model Code of Professional Responsibility will be used. Following the ethics presentation, Animal Legal Defense Fund Pro Bono Manager Taylor Waters will discuss how to get involved with our pro bono network, types of work that volunteer attorneys perform, and the benefits of membership. English closed caption subtitles will be available.
This webinar has been approved for 1 hour of ethics credit by the Oregon State Bar Association. A certificate of attendance will be provided via email after the webinar. Most states accept credits from other mandatory CLE states such as Oregon, but please check with your local bar association to confirm your state’s reciprocity and reporting rules.
This webinar was recorded on March 4, 2022. Watch it now!
- Professional Responsibility for the Animal Lawyer – Pro Bono PPT Presentation (PDF)
- CLE Ethics Materials – Professional Responsibility for the Animal Lawyer (PDF)
- American Bar Association Model Rules of Professional Conduct
- How We Work: Collaboration
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Pro Bono Network
- Find Your Elected Officials
- 2021 U.S. State Animal Protection Laws Rankings
- Clerkships, Externships, and Volunteer Opportunities
- Legal Resources
- Speak Out for Farmed Animals Month
- National Justice for Animals Week
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters
Short Film Reveals the Cruelty and Pervasiveness of Puppy Mills as New York and other Jurisdictions Pass and Support Retail Sales BansActress Christian Serratos narrates the Animal Legal Defense Fund film advocating for an end to puppy millsNovember 16, 2022 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund’s lawsuit alleged Hormel misleads consumers with its Natural Choice® brand of lunch meats and baconNovember 14, 2022 Press Release
The Animal Legal Defense Fund selected the county after reviewing applicants from across the countryNovember 10, 2022 Press Release