Speak Out for Farmed Animals Week
All animals deserve legal protection
The Animal Legal Defense Fund launched Speak Out for Farmed Animals Week as a way to raise public awareness nationwide about the lack of meaningful laws to protect farmed animals from cruel treatment. This annual event is the perfect opportunity to to shine a light on the stories of farmed animals.
Join the Animal Legal Defense Fund for a week of action for farmed animals on October 14-20, 2018!
Want to get a head start on planning your event? Here are some ideas for how you can speak out for farmed animals:
- Have a movie night with friends! Cowspiracy,The Ghosts in Our Machine, and Earthlings are all good introductions to the plight of farmed animals.
- Visit or volunteer at a farmed animal sanctuary! Meeting animals face-to-face is a great way to fully appreciate how much cows, chickens, and pigs are individuals deserving of our respect and kindness. Find a sanctuary near you!
- Have a Meatless Monday at your office or at home! By showing how easy it is to eat a meat-free meal, you help other people choose more plant-based options, sparing the lives of farmed animals.
- Email or call your representative about pending local, state, or federal legislation impacting farmed animals, including Ag-Gag bills.
- Organize a benefit day for the Animal Legal Defense Fund by contacting a local vegan/vegetarian restaurant or animal-friendly business to see if they would donate a percentage of their total daily sales to to help us in our groundbreaking legal work for animals.