Factory Farm Biogas Is Bullsh*t: Lessons Learned from California’s Low Fuel Standard
Animal Legal Defense Fund Staff Attorney Christine Ball-Blakely provides background on factory farming and biogas impacts, and focuses on the government programs making it profitable to produce biogas, specifically California’s Low Fuel Standard.
This webinar was released on October 17, 2022. Watch it now!
- Biogas or Bullshit? YouTube video
- California’s Green-Energy Subsidies Spur a Gold Rush in Cow Manure, Wall Street Journal
- We’re challenging the NC permit for hog waste operations causing pollution and harm to communities, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Are Biogas Subsidies Benefiting the Largest Industrial Animal Farms?, Civil Eats
- Low Carbon Fuel Standard and Dairy Digester in Kern County, YouTube video
- Petition for Rulemaking to Exclude All Fuels Derived from Biomethane from Dairy and Swine Manure from the Low Carbon Fuel Standard
- Rethinking Manure Biogas: Policy Considerations to Promote Equity and Protect the Climate and Environment
Join the Animal Legal Defense Fund's email list to stay up to date on lawsuits, legislation, and regulations affecting animals.
Federal Judge Rules USDA Acted Unlawfully in Denying Petition to Improve the Psychological Well-Being of Primates Used in ResearchOn March 23, 2023, Judge Julie Rubin of the federal district court in Maryland issued a decision, ruling that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) acted unlawfully by denying a petition for rulemaking to improve the standard for the psychological well-being of primates in researchMarch 23, 2023 News
Ag-Gag Hurts Animals
Ag-Gag laws wrongly criminalize exposing animal cruelty. These unconstitutional laws are deliberate attempts to hide animal cruelty, food safety, workers’ rights, and environmental violations from the American public. Voice your opposition to Ag-Gag laws by signing …
Passing Local Legislation: Retail Pet Sale BanIn this free webinar, we will walk you through the basics of how to pass a retail pet sale bans in your community — a powerful way to fight back against puppy mills.