Factory Farm Biogas Is Bullsh*t: Lessons Learned from California’s Low Fuel Standard
Animal Legal Defense Fund Staff Attorney Christine Ball-Blakely provides background on factory farming and biogas impacts, and focuses on the government programs making it profitable to produce biogas, specifically California’s Low Fuel Standard.
This webinar was released on October 17, 2022. Watch it now!
- Biogas or Bullshit? YouTube video
- California’s Green-Energy Subsidies Spur a Gold Rush in Cow Manure, Wall Street Journal
- We’re challenging the NC permit for hog waste operations causing pollution and harm to communities, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Are Biogas Subsidies Benefiting the Largest Industrial Animal Farms?, Civil Eats
- Low Carbon Fuel Standard and Dairy Digester in Kern County, YouTube video
- Petition for Rulemaking to Exclude All Fuels Derived from Biomethane from Dairy and Swine Manure from the Low Carbon Fuel Standard
- Rethinking Manure Biogas: Policy Considerations to Promote Equity and Protect the Climate and Environment
The Animal Legal Defense Fund has helped defend California’s right to enact the strongest farmed animal protection law in the countryMay 11, 2023 Press Release