Student Chapter Kickoff
Presented September 27, 2023
Each academic year brings excitement with both new and familiar faces dedicated to protecting animals and advancing their interests. The Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapter Kickoff is an annual celebratory event to welcome students to the new year and highlight resources and opportunities, while providing a unique look at a particular way for chapters to get involved throughout the year. Examples include lobbying, public commenting, grassroots advocacy, and more. The Student Chapter Kickoff is open for law students.
This year focused on the upcoming EATS Act and how student chapters and law students can get involved to oppose legislation that jeopardizes humane reforms on behalf of farmed animals. You will also learn more about resources and materials offered to student chapters, including project and travel grants, clerkship and externship opportunities, events, and more.
This webinar was recorded on September 27, 2023. Watch it now!
- Student Chapter Kick-off 2023: The EATS Act and How to Get Involved – PPT Presentation (PDF)
- Harvard Animal Law & Policy Program’s legislative analysis of the EATS Act
- Urge Federal Lawmakers to Oppose the EATS Act
- Ending Agricultural Trade Suppression (EATS) Act ( H.R. 4417/ S. 2019)
- Farm System Reform Act (HR 4421/S 2332)
- The Legislative Process: How a Bill Becomes a Law
Animal Legal Defense Fund Publishes 2023 State Rankings ReportFebruary 20, 2024 Press Release