Student Chapter Kickoff
This webinar is open to current law students only.
Welcome to a new — though somewhat different — academic year! Join us and your peers from other law schools across the country for the Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapter Kickoff – an online event exclusively for law students. We’ll introduce you to the Animal Law Program team, preview resources to get your chapter started advocating for animals in this new online environment, and, along with Alicia Prygoski, Animal Legal Defense Fund Legislative Affairs Manager, discuss federal legislative updates and how chapters can get involved in assisting with legislative efforts that support animal protection. This will be an interactive event, with surprises throughout, and we encourage chapters to watch together (remotely!) as part of an online watch party. We look forward to having you join us!
This webinar was prerecorded. Watch it now!
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters Discussion Group on Facebook
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters Facebook Page
- Student Chapter Logo & Photos
- Social Media & Press Coverage for Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Clerkships
- Student Chapter Project Grants
- Student Chapter Travel Grants
- Student Chapters Program Guide: 2020-2021 – Organizing for Animals in the Digital Age
- Animal Law Academy Webinars
- Get Involved in Speak Out for Farmed Animals Week!
- National Justice for Animals Week
- Emergency Response Scholarships
- Animal Law Course – Emergency Course Grants
- How We Work: Legislative Affairs Program
- Big Cat Public Safety Act (Federal)
- Captive Primate Safety Act (Federal)
- The PAW and FIN Act of 2019 (Federal)
- Emergency Legal Petition Filed with USDA to End Cruel Farm ‘Depopulation’ Methods
- Take Action: Add Your Voice to Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Initiatives
- COVID-19 Response
- United States: Ask Your Federal Legislators to Protect Farmed Animals with the Safe Line Speeds in COVID-19 Act
- Student Chapter Kickoff 2020 – PPT Presentation (PDF)
Chelsea Handler, Ethan Hawke, Bill Maher, and Dozens of Celebrities Urge New Jersey Legislators to Ban Gestation and Veal CratesActors Paul Wesley, Christina Ricci, Stevie Van Zandt and dozens of native and resident celebrities join the Animal Legal Defense Fund in an open letter urging the state’s legislators to end the intensive confinement of mother pigs and calves in New Jersey.May 10, 2021 Press Release
The Animal Legal Defense Fund files amicus brief seeking to prevent industries from using public record exemptions to hide information from the public.April 26, 2021 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund increases reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for harassing manatee in Citrus County, FloridaApril 20, 2021 Press Release