Student Chapter Kickoff
This webinar is open to current law students only.
Welcome to a new — though somewhat different — academic year! Join us and your peers from other law schools across the country for the Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapter Kickoff – an online event exclusively for law students. We’ll introduce you to the Animal Law Program team, preview resources to get your chapter started advocating for animals in this new online environment, and, along with Alicia Prygoski, Animal Legal Defense Fund Legislative Affairs Manager, discuss federal legislative updates and how chapters can get involved in assisting with legislative efforts that support animal protection. This will be an interactive event, with surprises throughout, and we encourage chapters to watch together (remotely!) as part of an online watch party. We look forward to having you join us!
This webinar was prerecorded. Watch it now!
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters Discussion Group on Facebook
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters Facebook Page
- Student Chapter Logo & Photos
- Social Media & Press Coverage for Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Clerkships
- Student Chapter Project Grants
- Student Chapter Travel Grants
- Student Chapters Program Guide: 2020-2021 – Organizing for Animals in the Digital Age
- Animal Law Academy Webinars
- Get Involved in Speak Out for Farmed Animals Week!
- National Justice for Animals Week
- Emergency Response Scholarships
- Animal Law Course – Emergency Course Grants
- How We Work: Legislative Affairs Program
- Big Cat Public Safety Act (Federal)
- Captive Primate Safety Act (Federal)
- The PAW and FIN Act of 2019 (Federal)
- Emergency Legal Petition Filed with USDA to End Cruel Farm ‘Depopulation’ Methods
- Take Action: Add Your Voice to Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Initiatives
- COVID-19 Response
- United States: Ask Your Federal Legislators to Protect Farmed Animals with the Safe Line Speeds in COVID-19 Act
- Student Chapter Kickoff 2020 – PPT Presentation (PDF)
Video shows malicious acts of violence toward cows, gross neglect of calvesOctober 8, 2020 Press Release
Dairy Farmers of America supplier caught on video, prompting lawsuitOctober 8, 2020 Press Release
Lawsuit Challenges Law Designed to Disadvantage Plant-Based ProductsOctober 7, 2020 Press Release