National Justice for Animals Week: Defining Justice
National Justice for Animals Week is an annual event dedicated to raising public awareness around crimes committed against animals and will take place February 20-26, 2022. Student chapters are encouraged to get involved for a week of action!
Join us for a special National Justice for Animals Week event on “Defining Justice.” This pre-recorded event will launch on February 21, 2022 and features Animal Legal Defense Fund Managing Attorney, Emily Lewis, and Legislative Affairs Manager, Brian Hackett, as they detail what justice means for animal victims.
Topics include information on the Courtroom Animal Advocacy Programs, the involvement of veterinarians in cruelty investigations, mental health and alternative sentencing assessments, possession bans, and more! Student chapters are encouraged to host a viewing party and discussion questions will be made available.
Watch the recorded webinar:
- How We Work: Criminal Justice
- National Justice for Animals Week
- Collaborative Response Project
- How We Work: Legislation
- Legislation – State Bills
- Courtroom Animal Advocate Programs (CAAP)
- Possession Bans: A Model Law
- 2021 U.S. State Animal Protection Laws Rankings
- National Justice for Animals Week: Defining Justice – Discussion Questions (PDF)
- National Justice for Animals Week: Defining Justice – PPT Presentation (PDF)
The gift of more than $1 million will fund the program over the next four yearsSeptember 28, 2023 Press Release
The victory follows the passage of a factory farming law and efforts to curtail the construction of new mega dairies in the stateSeptember 8, 2023 News