How to Advocate for Animals With or Without a Law Degree: Lobbying for Animals
Even without a law degree, you can advocate for animals in the legal system! Join Senior Legislative Affairs Manager Kathleen Schatzmann as she walks attendees through their roles as advocates in the building and running of a campaign using puppy mills as an example topic.
This webinar was pre-recorded. Watch it now!
- Does Grassroots Work?
- Grassroots Advocacy: How to Make a Meaningful Impact
- World Animal Net: Strategic Advocacy Course: Lobbying
- ABA Grassroots Action Center
- Learn More About Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Legislative Work!
- Sign the “No More Puppy Mills” Pledge
- Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Annual State Rankings Report
- Find Your Elected Officials!
The California Court of Appeals affirmed a ruling by a lower court recognizing Society for the Prevention of Animal Cruelty (SPCA) organizations’ ability to file lawsuits against entities that violate existing animal protection laws.June 9, 2022 Press Release
Short Film Released with Actress Anjelica Huston in Support of States Adopting Courtroom Animal Advocate ProgramsHuston narrates the Animal Legal Defense Fund film demonstrating the impact legal advocates can have on behalf of animal cruelty victimsFebruary 15, 2022 Press Release
Class-action lawsuit alleges thousands in California purchased dogs under the false belief they were rescue animalsDecember 16, 2021 Press Release