Speak Out for Farmed Animals Month
All animals deserve legal protection
The Animal Legal Defense Fund launched Speak Out for Farmed Animals Month as a way to raise public awareness nationwide about the lack of meaningful laws to protect farmed animals from cruel treatment. This annual event is the perfect opportunity to to shine a light on the stories of farmed animals.
Join the Animal Legal Defense Fund for a month of action for farmed animals during October!
Here are some ideas for how you can speak out for farmed animals:
- Have a movie night with friends! Cowspiracy,The Ghosts in Our Machine, and Earthlings are all good introductions to the plight of farmed animals.
- Visit or volunteer at a farmed animal sanctuary! Meeting animals face-to-face is a great way to fully appreciate how much cows, chickens, and pigs are individuals deserving of our respect and kindness. Find a sanctuary near you.
- Wear our “I Speak Out for Farmed Animals” shirt to start productive conversations and show support for farmed animals.
- Host a Meatless Monday at your office or at home! By showing how easy it is to eat a meat-free meal, you help other people choose more plant-based options, sparing the lives of farmed animals.
- Learn about factory farm biogas and Prop 12 by watching our recent webinars filmed for Speak Out for Farmed Animals Month.
Factory Farm Biogas Is Bullsh*t: Lessons Learned from California’s Low Fuel Standard
The Legal Significance of the Challenge to California’s Proposition 12
- Organize a benefit day for the Animal Legal Defense Fund by contacting a local vegan/vegetarian restaurant or animal-friendly business to see if they would donate a percentage of their total daily sales to to help us in our groundbreaking legal work for animals.
- Email or call your representative about pending local, state, or federal legislation impacting farmed animals.
- Encourage others to join by sharing our actions on social media! Below are a few related to farmed animals.
Support the Farm System Reform Act
Urge your legislators to support The Farm System Reform Act, which would overhaul the United States’ cruel and environmentally destructive animal agricultural industry.
Protect state agricultural laws: Oppose the EATS Act!
Protect pro-animal laws! The dangerous "EATS Act" would undermine states' ability to pass laws affecting agriculture, including laws that improve conditions for farmed animals and protect food safety.
Tell Legislators: No Tax Dollars for Factory Farm Gas!
Sign the petition urging state and federal legislators to say no to factory farm gas and exclude these programs from all tax credits and energy incentives.