Lobbying for Animals: State and Federal Legislative Update
Join Animal Legal Defense Fund Legislative Affairs Manager Brian Hackett, for a discussion about our work to advance animal protection through the lawmaking process. Learn about the exciting agenda for 2022 at the state and federal level for animals — we will cover the work we’ve done to elevate animal status, protect wildlife, and address the cruelty faced by countless farmed animals across our nation.
Featured will be updates regarding Courtroom Animal Advocate Programs (CAAP), farmed animal confinement bills, wildlife killing contests prohibitions, pet sales issues, and more! Together we’ll explore how you can directly impact the legislative process to make a difference for animals. A brief Q&A to follow. English closed caption subtitles will be available.
This webinar was recorded on March 16, 2022. Watch it now!
- Lobbying for Animals: State & Federal Legislative Update 3.16.22 – PPT Presentation (PDF)
- How We Work: Legislation
- Find Your Elected Officials
- Recent Legislative Victories
- 2021 Animal Legal Defense Fund State Rankings Report
- Legislation – Federal Bills
- Legislation – State Bills
- Focus Area: Companion Animals
- Focus Area: Wildlife
- Focus Area: Farmed Animals
- Animal Law Academy Webinars
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Model Animal Protection Laws
Reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for illegally shooting and killing a red wolf in Tyrrell County, North Carolina.May 24, 2022 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund files motion for summary judgement with damning evidence against the universityMay 19, 2022 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund offers reward for information leading to the arrest and convictionMay 3, 2022 Press Release