Animal Victims and Restorative Justice
Restorative justice is not a new concept, but it largely has not been applied in animal crimes. In this webinar, Brittany Hill, Criminal Justice Program Fellow, will introduce the audience to restorative justice, provide a general overview of the theories behind it, discuss its potential impact on animal victims, and explore its possibilities in crimes against animals.
This webinar was prerecorded. Watch it now!
- Criminal Justice Program Attorneys Speak on the Importance of Considering Animals as Victims
- Animals as Crime Victims: Development of a New Legal Status
- Psychology and Sentencing: Mental Health Evaluations for Animal Cruelty Offender
- The Little Book of Restorative Justice by Howard Zehr (book)
- Changing Lenses: Restorative Justice for Our Times by Howard Zehr (book)
- Animal Victims and Restorative Justice – PPT Presentation (PDF)
- Animal Victims and Restorative Justice discussion guide (PDF)
Edie Falco narrates the Animal Legal Defense Fund film demanding transparency in factory farmingSeptember 14, 2021 Press Release
D.C. Court of Appeals rules Animal Legal Defense Fund can pursue its claimsSeptember 2, 2021 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund-led coalition wins major victory for animal protection, food and worker safety, and the First AmendmentAugust 19, 2021 Press Release