Animal Victims and Restorative Justice
Restorative justice is not a new concept, but it largely has not been applied in animal crimes. In this webinar, Brittany Hill, Criminal Justice Program Fellow, will introduce the audience to restorative justice, provide a general overview of the theories behind it, discuss its potential impact on animal victims, and explore its possibilities in crimes against animals.
This webinar was prerecorded. Watch it now!
- Criminal Justice Program Attorneys Speak on the Importance of Considering Animals as Victims
- Animals as Crime Victims: Development of a New Legal Status
- Psychology and Sentencing: Mental Health Evaluations for Animal Cruelty Offender
- The Little Book of Restorative Justice by Howard Zehr (book)
- Changing Lenses: Restorative Justice for Our Times by Howard Zehr (book)
- Animal Victims and Restorative Justice – PPT Presentation (PDF)
- Animal Victims and Restorative Justice discussion guide (PDF)
Chelsea Handler, Ethan Hawke, Bill Maher, and Dozens of Celebrities Urge New Jersey Legislators to Ban Gestation and Veal CratesActors Paul Wesley, Christina Ricci, Stevie Van Zandt and dozens of native and resident celebrities join the Animal Legal Defense Fund in an open letter urging the state’s legislators to end the intensive confinement of mother pigs and calves in New Jersey.May 10, 2021 Press Release
The Animal Legal Defense Fund files amicus brief seeking to prevent industries from using public record exemptions to hide information from the public.April 26, 2021 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund increases reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for harassing manatee in Citrus County, FloridaApril 20, 2021 Press Release