Animal Law Summer School: What to Do When You Witness Animal Cruelty
The hot summer months bring up an array of potential issues involving animals and their protection. Join us for the first presentation of our Animal Law Summer School series, as we explore how to be an agent of change for animals. David Rosengard and Kathleen Wood will discuss what to do if you witness animal cruelty, with a focus on summertime activities and situations, such as coming across a dog inside a hot car, animals left outside in inclement weather, special attractions like petting zoos and roadside zoos, and natural disaster. A brief Q&A to follow.
This webinar has been pre-recorded. Watch it now!
- Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Criminal Justice Program
- National Link Coalition Reporting Database
- U.S. State Animal Protection Laws Rankings
- Dog Tethering Laws by State
- Laws Requiring Shelter for Animals
- An Avoidable Tragedy: Dogs in Hot Cars
- What to Do When You Witness Animal Cruelty PPT Presentation (PDF)
Animal Legal Defense Fund asserts USDA allows Perdue Farms and others to misleadingly represent factory farmed animals in pastoral imageryJune 8, 2021 Press Release
In a letter to the USDA, the Animal Legal Defense Fund and others explain the zoo has repeatedly violated standards of the Animal Welfare ActJune 2, 2021 Press Release
Animal Legal Defense Fund offers reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for binding an alligator in Seminole County, FloridaMay 20, 2021 Press Release