Speak Out for Farmed Animals Week
Speak Out for Farmed Animals Week is a yearly event dedicated to raising awareness about the lack of meaningful laws that protect farmed animals from cruel treatment. Join us for a week of action for farmed animals on October 15-21, 2017!
There are so many ways to speak out and take action for farmed animals. You can have a direct impact on the lives of farmed animals by changing your diet, showing a film to friends, or sharing the story of a farmed animal online. Here are just a few ways you can take action during Speak Out For Farmed Animals Week, or anytime.
- Have a movie night with friends! Cowspiracy, The Ghosts in Our Machine, and Earthlings are all good introductions to the plight of farmed animals.
- Visit or volunteer at a farmed animal sanctuary! Meeting animals face-to-face is a great way to fully appreciate how much cows, chickens, and pigs are individuals deserving of our respect and kindness. Find a sanctuary near you!
- Have a Meatless Monday at your office or at home! By showing how easy it is to eat a meat-free meal, you help other people choose more plant-based options, sparing the lives of farmed animals.
- Share our Cruelty-Free Resource Guide with friends to remind them that the best way to protect farmed animals is to stop eating them.
- Email or call your representative about pending local, state, or federal legislation impacting farmed animals, including Ag-Gag bills.
- Organize an ALDF Benefit Day by contacting a local vegan/vegetarian restaurant or animal-friendly business to see if they would donate a percentage of their total daily sales to ALDF to help us in our groundbreaking legal work for animals.
- Support ALDF and farmed animals by purchasing a shirt here! We’ve partnered with FLOAT – For Love Of All Things to offer limited edition t-shirts to help raise public awareness nationwide about the lack of meaningful laws that protect farmed animals from cruel treatment.
Belong to an SALDF chapter? Find out more ways to get involved here.