Lobbying for Animals: State & Federal Legislative Update
Join Strategic Legislative Affairs Manager Alicia Prygoski for Lobbying for Animals: State & Federal Legislative Update, a discussion about the legislative progress we’ve made for animals this year. Learn about the bills we’ve worked to pass in 2022 to protect farmed animals, wildlife, companion animals, and more – and what we anticipate working on in state capitols and at the federal level as we approach the new year. We’ll also explore how you can directly impact the legislative process to make a difference for animals. A brief Q&A will follow the presentation.
This webinar was recorded on December 6, 2022.
- Find your elected officials
- Model Animal Protection Laws
- Sign up to receive action alerts
- Learn more about our Legislative Affairs Program
- Big Cat Public Safety Act (S. 1210/H.R 263)
- Captive Primate Safety Act (S. 1588/H.R. 3135)
- Farm System Reform Act (HR 4421/S 2332)
- Animal Welfare Enforcement Improvement Act (HR 2377)
- Goldie’s Act (HR 6100)
- OPPOSE: Livestock Regulatory Protection Act (S 1475)
- Factory farm biogas
- Lobbying for Animals: State & Federal Legislative Update – PPT Presentation (PDF)
Join the Animal Legal Defense Fund's email list to stay up to date on lawsuits, legislation, and regulations affecting animals.
U.S. Supreme Court Upholds California’s Landmark Proposition 12 Animal Cruelty LawThe Animal Legal Defense Fund has helped defend California’s right to enact the strongest farmed animal protection law in the countryMay 11, 2023 Press Release
USDA Restricting Access to Plant-Based Milks in National School Lunch Program is Dietary RacismProposed rule would maintain an unnecessarily complicated and confusing process for children to get access to plant-based milkMay 11, 2023 Press Release
$5,000 Reward for Information Regarding Six Killed and Mutilated Cows in Three Texas CountiesCows were killed in Madison, Brazos, and Robertson Counties, Texas.May 3, 2023 Press Release