Animal Bill of Rights
Do you believe animals deserve basic legal rights?
Sign the Animal Bill of Rights
My signature on the ANIMAL BILL OF RIGHTS stands as a loud declaration that animals deserve basic legal protections — recognized and enforced by law. Since basic rights for animals do not currently exist, I support the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s efforts to advocate for laws and/or policies that embody the spirit and principles of the following tenets:
- The Right of animals to have their interests represented in court and safeguarded by the law without impediments.
- The Right of animals to have their status recognized under the law as living, feeling beings capable of a wide range of positive and negative experiences.
- The Right of animals to be protected under the law from exploitation and cruelty.
- The Right of animals in the wild to self-determination and an environment that allows them to engage in behavior natural to their species.
- The Right of animals under human care to have their species-specific and individual needs fulfilled to maximize their physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
- The Right of animals subject to criminal acts to be legally recognized as crime victims.
Animal Legal Defense Fund and Phoenix partner to expose dangers of this emerging industry gaining traction with considerable investments from government entitiesAugust 10, 2022 Press Release
The $25,000 scholarship and paid clerkship is available to first and second-year law students at Howard University School of Law, North Carolina Central University School of Law, and Florida A&M College of Law.August 8, 2022 Press Release
Precedent-Setting Victory Solidifies Attorney’s Fee Shifting for Successful Endangered Species Act LawsuitsSeventh Circuit Court of Appeals reversed a lower court’s decision determining the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s lawsuit successfully furthers the purpose of the Endangered Species ActAugust 8, 2022 Press Release