Animal Bill of Rights
Do you believe animals deserve basic legal rights?
Sign the Animal Bill of Rights
My signature on the ANIMAL BILL OF RIGHTS stands as a loud declaration that animals deserve basic legal protections — recognized and enforced by law. Since basic rights for animals do not currently exist, I support the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s efforts to advocate for laws and/or policies that embody the spirit and principles of the following tenets:
- The Right of animals to have their interests represented in court and safeguarded by the law without impediments.
- The Right of animals to have their status recognized under the law as living, feeling beings capable of a wide range of positive and negative experiences.
- The Right of animals to be protected under the law from exploitation and cruelty.
- The Right of animals in the wild to self-determination and an environment that allows them to engage in behavior natural to their species.
- The Right of animals under human care to have their species-specific and individual needs fulfilled to maximize their physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
- The Right of animals subject to criminal acts to be legally recognized as crime victims.
The victory follows the passage of a factory farming law and efforts to curtail the construction of new mega dairies in the stateSeptember 8, 2023 News
Lawsuit filed by the Animal Legal Defense Fund and The Good Food Institute asserts that the law imposes unclear and vague standards on plant-based meat producersSeptember 5, 2023 Press Release