Law Student Paper Series — Reducing Wildlife Mismanagement in the U.S.
Despite persistent misguided beliefs, hunting does not reduce conflicts between wild animals and humans. Join Sahana Ramdas, Buffalo University, in a presentation analyzing the misaligned role played by the U.S. regulatory bodies, with a focus on ways to reduce conflict without compromising on the protection of wildlife and nature preservation. A brief Q&A to follow.
This webinar has been pre-recorded. Watch it now!
- Redefining Vermin: A Short History of Wildlife Eradication
- History of Wildlife Management in West Virginia WV DNR Archives
- National Deer Association: Deer Report
- Ravenous Deer Might Not Destroy Biodiversity After All
- Positive Interactions Between Herbivores and Plant Diversity Shape Forest Regeneration
- Effects of Wolf Mortality on Livestock Depredations
- Effects of Remedial Sport Hunting on Cougar Complaints and Livestock Depredations
- The Long Persecuted Coyote is Not Vermin After All
- Coyote Relationships with Other Animal Species
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Ecology of Harvest‐Driven Trait Changes and Implications for Ecosystem Management
- Regulated Hunting Re-Shapes the Life History of Brown Bears
- Wildlife Categorized as Vermin_Analysis of the Wildlife Management Practices in the USA and Its Ecological Implications on Natural Ecosystems paper by Sahana Ramdas (PDF)
- Reducing Wildlife Mismanagement in the U.S. – PPT Presentation (PDF)
The USDA fought to keep the numbers hidden from public view, ultimately paying $15,000 in attorneys fees in settlementOctober 7, 2021 Press Release
Court Holds Cricket Hollow Zoo Owners in Contempt for Removing Animals Designated for Rescue in Violation of Court OrderToday the Delaware County district court granted a motion for contempt filed by the Animal Legal Defense Fund against Cricket Hollow Zoo and its owners, Pamela and Thomas Sellner, seeking the whereabouts of more than 100 animals who “disappeared” prior to a court-ordered rescue.October 5, 2021 Press Release
Edie Falco narrates the Animal Legal Defense Fund film demanding transparency in factory farmingSeptember 14, 2021 Press Release