Updates about legal issues facing animals in the state
The Animal Legal Defense Fund works at the federal, state and local levels to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals.
Animal Protection Laws Ranking
Each year, the Animal Legal Defense Fund publishes its U.S. State Animal Protection Laws Rankings Report. Each state is ranked based on 20 different categories of animal protection.
Overall Rank: #21 (Middle Tier)
- +Animals may be included in protection orders
- +Felony provisions for cruelty, neglect, abandonment, sexual assault, and fighting
- -No provisions for pre-conviction forfeiture of abused animals
- -Standards for minimum acceptable care for animals (e.g. necessary food, water, shelter) are not well-defined
- -Veterinarians are not required to report suspected animal cruelty
Animal Protection Laws of Nevada
The Animal Protection Laws of Nevada compendium contains the general animal protection and related statutes for Nevada with an effective date on or before September 1, 2022.
Take action now to help animals in your state.
Stop Ag-Gag Laws
No More Puppy Mills
Using Local Legislation to Protect Animals
Using Local Legislation to Protect Animals: Prohibiting Circuses and Traveling Shows that Exploit Animals
Using Local Legislation to Protect Animals: Fur Bans
Ending the Intensive Confinement of Hens Used by the Egg Industry (Nevada)
Animal Legal Defense Fund 2022 State Animal Protection Laws Ranking Report
See the best and worst states for animal protection laws