Critical Caselaw: What’s an Animal’s Life Worth?
Join Animal Legal Defense Fund Staff Attorney Ariel Flint for a discussion about damages and valuation in tort cases involving companion animals. The webinar will reflect on how the legal system has valued the life of an animal in the past, and how it might do so differently going forward.
This webinar has been pre-recorded. Watch it now!
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Litigation Program
- Litigation – List of Cases
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Fellowships
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Clerkships
- Animal Legal Defense Fund Pro Bono Program
- Animals Recognized as Legal Persons for the First Time in U.S. Court
- Justice the Horse Sues Abuser
- Animals’ Legal Status
- Lujan v. Defenders of Wildlife, 504 U.S. 555 (1992)
- Martinez v. Robledo, 127 Cal. Rptr. 3d 921, 925 (Cal. Ct. App. 2012)
- Strickland v. Medlen, 397 S.W.3d 184 (Tex. 2013)
- Anne Arundel Cty. v. Reeves, 474 Md. 46 (2021)
- Anne Arundel Cty. v. Reeves, 474 Md. 46 (2021) (Hotten, J., dissenting)
- Lachenman v. Stice, 838 N.E.2d 451 (Ind. Ct. App. 2005)
- Naples v. Miller, No. CIV.A.08C-01-093PLA, 2009 WL 1163504 (Del. Super. Ct. Apr. 30, 2009
- Critical Caselaw: What’s an Animal’s Life Worth – PPT Presentation (PDF)
Short Film Released with Actress Anjelica Huston in Support of States Adopting Courtroom Animal Advocate ProgramsHuston narrates the Animal Legal Defense Fund film demonstrating the impact legal advocates can have on behalf of animal cruelty victimsFebruary 15, 2022 Press Release
Class-action lawsuit alleges thousands in California purchased dogs under the false belief they were rescue animalsDecember 16, 2021 Press Release