Looking for a career in animal law? ALDF offers a list of current employment opportunities at various law firms and non-profit organizations across the country. Interested in promoting your opportunity? Use our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
Undercover Investigators – Contract Work
Animal Legal Defense Fund
Experienced animal abuse investigators wanted for work throughout the United States to document abuse in various settings including shelters, factory farms, slaughter houses, puppy mills, etc.
The ideal candidates will have experience in undercover documentation, report writing, and the ability to work in the specified industries.
Employment will be contractual on a case by case basis but could be part-to full time depending on the success of each case.
Varies based on assignment
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Travel to different states and temporarily stay on location for various assignments for as long as necessary, sometimes several months at a time
- Conduct assigned short- and long-term undercover investigations from beginning to end, including the following duties:
- Prepare for and research assignments, as directed by the Director
- Visit and/or obtain employment in various industries that use animals
- Submit daily log notes in a detailed and orderly fashion
- Use photography and videography to document conditions and use of animals as well as illegal, cruel, and/or improper conduct
- Behave legally and professionally and bring issues to the superiors’ attention
- Work closely with office-based staff to develop documented cases
- Cooperate fully in criminal, civil, and/or regulatory/administrative proceedings that result from investigations
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Appropriate experience in a related field or relevant experience, depending on the organization’s needs
- Willingness and ability to travel and be away from home for months at a time
- Experience with audio-visual equipment
- Diligent attention to detail and ability to handle extreme stress
- Willingness and ability to follow instructions carefully
- Ability to make sound judgments
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion at all times
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver’s license, vehicle insurance, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Please email your cover letter, resume and 3 references to Wendy Cromwell,
firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Wendy Cromwell, Animal Legal Defense Fund, 170 E. Cotati Avenue, Cotati, CA 94931