Animal Legal Defense Fund
The Animal Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s preeminent legal advocacy organization for animals is seeking a Campaign Manager. This position is responsible for the organization’s Supporter Recruitment and Supporter Engagement & Retention Strategies, managing social media, grassroots activism and mobilization, community organizing, and relationship building and management. The Campaign Manager will play an integral role in the communications department by creating and managing project schedules, collecting all necessary information, and ensuring deadlines are met. The Campaign Manager will maintain momentum of organizational issue priorities.
- Manage the social media specialist, senior campaigners, and campaigners.
- Develop, manage, and execute Supporter Recruitment Strategies, including digital acquisition campaigns, utilizing third party acquisition partners, SMS, and relationship building with state, local and issues specific groups.
- Oversee the organizations’ digital acquisition budget.
- Manage organization’s online ad strategy, including Google Grant, Google Ad Words and Display, Facebook, and other digital advertising.
- Responsible for all supporter recruitment campaigns, reporting on ROI and other analytics to ensure optimization and performance.
- Work closely with Development’s Direct Marketing Manager on digital acquisition.
- Manage the programs and communications email schedule—coordinating with Legislative Affairs and Litigation Program staff to develop actions supporters can take online and via SMS, coordinating timeline with the Direct Marketing Manager. Campaign Manager will oversee writing and editing of email Action Alerts and Action Centers, approval process, and report on engagement.
- Manage all organizational, campaign, and event social media accounts, strategies, and reporting, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, LinkedIn, and others.
- Manage and execute the grassroots and supporter engagement strategies to increase supporters’ role in key Animal Legal Defense Fund strategies and public campaigns. Strategies will include, but are not limited to, social media campaigns and relationship management with state, local and issues specific groups, sanctuary partners, coalition partners.
- Manage CRM database of relationships with partners, organizations, and individuals for organization and efficiency.
- Identify and develop individual activists in key states and demographics, for engagement in legislative and public pressure campaigns and other events.
- Empower supporters to take action in their communities through the development of turn-key campaigns, providing printed collateral, talking points, and direction.
- Analyze data and build on trends of past and ongoing campaigns to inform and improve engagement efforts.
- Develop and present webinars on grassroots activism and animal advocacy in conjunction with the Animal Law Program.
- Travel to rally and engage supporters and activists in key cities, states, and regions
- To include assisting in tabling at conferences as needed. Hold town hall meetings as appropriate in key cities and counties, as identified by program and development departments. Speak upon request at student chapters about ALDF campaigns.
- Coordinate with Creative & Content Manager to develop collateral and materials (factsheets, brochures, etc) to assist supporters in spreading ALDF’s message locally.
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, create and execute strategies specifically targeting audiences, including attorneys, prosecutors, law enforcement, environmentalist, and others as defined by the director.
- Maintain plans, timelines, and due dates for all collateral specific to campaign management of program campaigns/cases.
- Work with Animal Legal Defense Fund attorneys and staff to assist in the creation and execution of communications plans to advance their department initiatives
- Draft and edit copy for emails, blog posts, and action alerts relevant to advancing Animal Legal Defense Fund goals
- Develop and draft collateral materials as needed
- Provide plans and manage team to ensure campaign related content is scheduled and dropped on rollout timeline, maintaining regular engagement, and updates for all forward-facing campaigns.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Eight or more years’ experience in grassroots organizing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with popular social media platforms, analytic reporting, and digital ad campaigns
- Management experience
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with coalitions and building meaningful relationships with individuals and like-minded organizations
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with members, supporters, co-workers, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid skills and experience with software applications, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Experience with legislative initiatives on a state and local level a plus
A summary of the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s benefits is available at workataldf.org.
The Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) is committed to providing an employment environment which is welcoming of persons from diverse backgrounds and free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, and in which all legal rights of our employees are recognized and protected. ALDF conducts all internal and external operations, programs, and employment-related decision making (including hiring decisions) without regard to actual or perceived race, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, political affiliation, disability or medical condition (including physical, intellectual, or psychiatric), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, age, or other protected category, and in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws.
Consistent with the organization’s mission, our offices and events are free of animal products and byproducts.
How to Apply:
Please no phone calls. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter (both are required) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Act has authority to protect federally endangered and threatened animals such as the tigers, lions, and ring-tailed lemurs enduring inadequate treatment at Tiger CreekJanuary 10, 2022 Press Release
International Fur Trade Federation agreed to dismiss its appeal, ending case in decisive victory for animalsJanuary 6, 2022 Press Release
Class-action lawsuit alleges thousands in California purchased dogs under the false belief they were rescue animalsDecember 16, 2021 Press Release