SALDF Speaker Suggestions
Looking for a speaker for your SALDF event? Below are a list of suggestions.
- ALDF staff members may be available for speaking engagements. We can also help you locate a speaker by contacting our local attorney members. To request an ALDF staff speaker, please use the ALDF Speaker Request Form below.
- Contact your local humane society or animal rescue organization.
- Invite an animal control officer or local prosecutor to give a presentation on investigating and prosecuting animal cruelty cases.
- Contact a local or national animal rights organization; many groups now have at least one staff attorney and others have entire litigation departments. For a partial list of organizations by state, go to Green People.
- Ask someone from a domestic violence or humane advocacy group to speak about the link between animal cruelty and domestic violence. You can find more information about “the link” on our website here.
- Invite an attorney who specializes in animal law to talk about their practice and the kinds of cases they take, or to discuss pro bono opportunities at large firms. Visit animal-lawyer.com or contact your state bar association animal law section or committee for help locating animal law attorneys.
- Ask the professor who teaches animal law at your school (or another school) to give a presentation. Visit our website for a list of animal law classes.
- Is there an animal-friendly elected official in your area who could speak about pro-animal legislation s/he has sponsored or is currently sponsoring? Visit this website for an overview of current legislation.
- Invite someone to discuss animal-related issues surrounding disasters such as Hurricane Katrina. For ideas, go to Red Rover.
- Invite an animal law author or other expert in the field to speak at your school. Visit our website for a list of books pertaining to animal law.
- Host a panel about the Green Scare and the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA). This is a good event to co-host with the Environmental Law Society and National Lawyers Guild. For more information on AETA, go to the Equal Justice Alliance and Green is the New Red.
- Email Nicole Pallotta for a list of sample SALDF speaker events and visit our website for additional SALDF project ideas.
ALDF Speaker Request Form
(You should receive a response within 1-2 weeks, though it may take longer to confirm whether a speaker is available for the requested date and location.)