Find other exciting opportunities in the field of animal law such as scholarships, writing competitions, grants, and more. Interested in promoting your opportunity? Use our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
‘Next Gen’ Career Development Canine Research Fellowships
• Be among the first to participate in an exciting new program!
• Goal is to promote research that will improve the status and welfare of dogs in society and encourage investigators to consider this an area of emphasis in their careers.
• 1 or 2 year appointments with half or fulltime funding options.
• For investigators who will have obtained a doctoral level degree (e.g., PhD, DVM, VMD, ScD, JD, MD) by January 1, 2015.
• Up to 10 Fellowships available.
• Letters of inquiry must be received no later than May 23, 2014
• Fellowships begin on or about January 1, 2015.
• Must be affiliated with a qualified non-profit institution or government agency by January 1, 2015 to receive an award.
The Foundation is open to proposals in any field (e.g., law, veterinary medicine, ethics, social sciences, humanities) as long as the research question to be addressed is shown to have the potential to provide information that can, within a reasonable time frame and a foreseeable chain of events, lead to improved welfare for dogs. This could include well designed pilot studies to demonstrate feasibility. The Foundation is particularly interested in research that has policy implications and can lead to changes in current practice or law that affects how society views, treats, cares for, and lives with dogs.
Complete application instructions and materials are available at
The Stanton Foundation