Find other exciting opportunities in the field of animal law such as scholarships, writing competitions, grants, and more. Interested in promoting your opportunity? Use our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
Journal of Animal Ethics Call for Papers
Posted on May 16, 2011
An academic journal of progressive thought about animals published by the University of Illinois Press in partnership with the Ferrater Mora Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics.
- The Journal is a focus of inquiry, argument, and exchange dedicated to exploring the moral dimension of our relations with animals.
- Its aim is to put animals on the intellectual agenda and to stimulate discussion within academic and professional institutions.
- It is multidisciplinary in nature, international in scope, and peer-reviewed.
- It covers theoretical and applied aspects of animal ethics–of interest to academics from the humanities and the sciences, as well as professionals working in the field of animal protection.
- The Journal comprises: full-length scholarly articles, “Argument” pieces in which authors will advance a particular perspective (usually related to current affairs) or respond to a previous article, review or research reports, as well as review articles and reviews.
- The Editors are Professors Andrew Linzey and Priscilla N. Cohn.
We are looking for articles (3-5,000 words), “Argument” pieces (1-2,000 words), reviews and review articles, that have relevance to the ethics of our treatment of animals.
Guidelines for authors and further details of the Journal are available here.
Contributions should be sent via email to the co-editor, Professor Andrew Linzey, at email@example.com, who would also be pleased to discuss potential contributions. Books for review should be sent to the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics, 91 Iffley Road, Oxford OX4 1EG.
Journal of Animal Ethics