Check this page often for the latest conferences, academic symposiums and speaking engagements around the country relating to animals and the legal system.
Have an event you’d like to publicize? If we receive your event announcement at least two weeks in advance, the event will be considered for publication on aldf.org. Use our events submission form to submit your event for consideration. Any event submitted to our website may also be shared with local law professional and law student members.
San Diego County Bar Animal Law Symposium
September 23, 2017 – September 23, 2017 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
SDCBA Conference Center
401 West A Street, Suite 120
Are you interested in combining your law degree with your passion for helping animals? Join us to hear from a dynamic panel of experts who will explain how they do exactly that in the context of academia, policy and legislation making, administrative law, state, federal and criminal law and civil litigation. The program will cover the following topics:
- Recent U.S. legislative mandate to use and develop alternatives to animal testing.
- Using the California Public Records Act to seek records from public agencies regarding animal abuse/animal welfare issues.
- USDA’s recent deletion of thousands of public records regarding animal cruelty citations and enforcement actions from its website, and the subsequent lawsuits that have been filed against USDA .
- Enforcing animal cruelty laws through California’s Unfair Competition Law.
- Service and emotional support animals in California.
- AB 485 (the Pet Rescue and Adoption Act), AB 1199 (the Police-Canine Encounters Protection Act), and lobbying efforts for animal welfare legislation.
- Representing clients through a “dangerous dog” administrative hearing.
- ALDF litigation and legislative activity involving captive wildlife
For more information and to register, go to the San Diego County Bar website:
Contact Name: Alanna Pearl
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org