Check this page often for the latest conferences, academic symposiums and speaking engagements around the country relating to animals and the legal system.
Have an event you’d like ALDF to publicize for you? If we receive your event announcement at least two weeks in advance, the event will be considered for publication on aldf.org. Use our events submission form to submit your event for consideration.
The Agricultural Gag Laws–Your First Amendment Rights, Your Health, Animal Welfare, and Our Environment
September 27, 2014 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Yale Law School
127 Wall St
Yale Law School Student Animal Legal Defense Fund and the Connecticut Bar Association Animal Law Section proudly present The Agricultural Gag Laws–Your First Amendment Rights, Your Health, Animal Welfare, and Our Environment. Eight states currently have ag-gag laws that criminalize whistleblowers who expose animal cruelty and food safety issues in farming practices through undercover investigations, and many other states have considered or are considering such legislation. This year’s conference will examine the impact of these laws on freedom of speech, health, food safety, consumer advocacy, animal welfare, and the environment. The conference will bring together prominent individuals and activists from the animal law, food law, health law, and journalism fields.
- Amanda Hitt, Director of the Food Integrity Campaign for the Government Accountability Project
- Matthew Liebman, Senior Attorney for the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Litigation Progarm
- Alicia Wagner Calzada, Esq., Chair of the Advocacy Committee of NPPA
- Wayne Pacelle, CEO of the Humane Society of the United States
- Taylor Radig, Social Justice/Animal Rights Activist
- Paige Tomaselli, Senior Attorney for the Center for Food Safety
Cost: $20, with discounts for law students
Law students: $10
Yale law students: free
Contact Name: Suzan Porto, Co-Chair of Connecticut Bar Association Animal Law Section
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org