Check this page often for the latest conferences, academic symposiums and speaking engagements around the country relating to animals and the legal system.
Have an event you’d like ALDF to publicize for you? If we receive your event announcement at least two weeks in advance, the event will be considered for publication on aldf.org. Use our events submission form to submit your event for consideration.
Hear Us Roar: How Animal Law Issues are Shaping Modern Legal Practice
January 31, 2014 – January 31, 2014
08:00 AM – 05:00 PM
WSBA Conference Center
1501 4th Ave Ste 308
Presented by the WSBA, in partnership with the WSBA Animal Law Section.
- Animals as Products: Pro or Problem? by Gemma N. Zanowski, Kitsap County Superior Court, Port Orchard
- Common Ethical Dilemmas in Animal Law by Prof. John Strait, Seattle University School of Law, Seattle
- Animal Law in Community Property by Denise Hansen, DuBois Cary Law Group, PLLC, Seattle
- Animals and the Courtroom — a Judicial Perspective by Hon. Jeanette Dalton — Kitsap County Superior Court, Port Orchard
- Intellectual Property and Internet Law Considerations for Animal-Related Organizations by Susan Friedman, Arent Fox LLP, Los Angeles, CA
- Animal Law Case Law Year in Review by Adam P. Karp, Animal Law Offices of Adam P. Karp, Bellingham
- Animal Advocacy and Civil Rights by Matthew Liebman, Animal Legal Defense fund, Cotati, CA; Jenn Kaplan, Law Office of Gilbert H. Levy, Seattle; Darius Fullmer, animal rights advocate, defendant in theStop Huntington Animal Cruelty 7 (SHAC 7) case
6 CLE credits, 1 ethics.
Contact Email: email@example.com