Check this page often for the latest conferences, academic symposiums and speaking engagements around the country relating to animals and the legal system.
Have an event you’d like ALDF to publicize for you? If we receive your event announcement at least two weeks in advance, the event will be considered for publication on aldf.org. Use our events submission form to submit your event for consideration.
Animal Neglect & Cruelty: Navigating the Maze
February 10, 2014 – February 10, 201409:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Madison Crowne Plaza Hotel
4402 E Washington Ave
For many legal professionals the thought of being involved in an animal abuse or neglect case is perplexing, or even frightening. If you are looking for more information and guidance on what is expected of the legal professional and what you can expect from the process in these situations, this seminar is for you.
- Navigating Wisconsin Criminal Law: Search Warrants, DA Discretion and Other Mysteries of the Criminal Justice System by Diane Balkin, ALDF
- Seizure Law in Wisconsin: Navigating the Civil Action and its Multiple Constituencies by Joe Goode, Pia Anderson Dorius Reynard & Moss
- Veterinary Forensics: A Primer by Dr. Yvonne Bellay, Wisconsin DATCP
- Critically Evaluating Livestock Welfare by Dr. Jan Shearer, Iowa State University Extension
- Why Animal Cruelty/Neglect Prosecutions Matter by Megan Senatori, DeWitt Ross & Stevens S.C.
- Importance of Veterinary Forensics Evidence in Court (panel discussion)
Cost to attend is only $85 and includes a delicious lunch and
6 hours of CLE credit (pending approval).