Looking for a career in animal law? ALDF offers a list of current employment opportunities at various law firms and non-profit organizations across the country. Interested in promoting your opportunity? Use our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
East Coast Legislative Affairs Coordinator (US)
Animal Defenders International
With offices in London UK, Los Angeles, US and Bogota, Colombia, Animal Defenders International works to end animal suffering across the globe.
The East Coast Legislative Affairs Coordinator will help to expand our work to protect animals used in entertainment and replace the use of animals in research with advanced, non-animal technologies. Assists with implementation and execution of ADI’s nonpartisan legislative and policy priorities; develops campaign plans and timelines; identifies campaign challenges and opportunities; develops policy materials; timely and accurate responses to legislative and regulatory requests.
- Reports to President and Vice President; development and execution of ADI policy and legislative objectives
- Develops relationships with key legislators and committees and their staffs; monitors and reports Congressional activities.
- Funnels ADI’s technical resources to legislators and their staffs, committee staffs and regulators.
- Organize, track and report local, state, federal activities.
- Coordinates federal, state and local legislative strategies, including presentation of testimony
- Coordinate and schedule supporter and volunteer contribution, including supporter Capitol Hill Education Days and Hill visits; testimony; meetings with representatives
- Advise, implement, participate in coalitions; act as liaison to various groups and other interested parties as directed
- Research and write preliminary drafts of advocacy documents and fact sheets on relevant policy issues; develops policy materials, letters, testimony and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years advocacy or political campaign experience; organizing testimony and public participation
- Extensive knowledge of public interest campaigns, including lobbying, grassroots organizing strategies, online and social media outreach and advocacy tactics; working knowledge of social media tools
- Polished, diplomatic communicator with excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; results oriented; ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Extensive experience with common office software and internet use
- Commitment to the aims of ADI and to the organization’s growth and development
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates please apply by email to Angie Greenaway, Executive & Outreach Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read “East Coast Legislative Affairs Coordinator”.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Candidates selected for consideration will be required to complete an application form and additional supporting letter.
Due to the extremely high volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted. No agencies.
Animal Defenders International
6100 Wilshire Blvd., #1150
Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Location: Los Angeles, California