Looking for a career in animal law? ALDF offers a list of current employment opportunities at various law firms and non-profit organizations across the country. Interested in promoting your opportunity? Use our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
Deputy General Counsel
Job Responsibilities include:
- Developing and leading high-profile, strategic litigation for the advancement of animal protection under the law.
- Providing legal support to client management, campaigners, researchers, and caseworkers. Supervising and training all attorneys and staff members assigned to matters under the areas of responsibility.
- Researching, interpreting, and applying applicable federal and state statutes, regulations, and case law, and monitoring issues and cases for potential legal action
- J.D. and a minimum of 10 years of litigation experience in both federal and state courts
- Member in good standing of a state bar
- Preferred experience in civil litigation, administrative law, constitutional law, and animal rights law
- Minimum of five years of supervisory or management experience
- Thorough knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
Location: Washington, D.C.