Clerkships, Internships & Fellowships
Law students looking for clerkships, internships or fellowships can find a curated list of opportunities here.
Interested in promoting your opportunity? Fill out our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF) Chapter Regional Representative Internship (Washington, DC Area)
Animal Legal Defense Fund
The DC SALDF Chapter Regional Representative will provide “on the ground” support to SALDF chapters in the DC area. Key responsibilities include:
• organizing meet-and-great opportunities for regional chapters (to promote ALDF’s key resources and opportunities);
• collaborating with other chapters, student law groups, and undergraduate/graduate groups on joint conferences, symposia, speaker events, and other animal law events (e.g. “Animal Law Week”);
• coordinating local chapters to work on ALDF’s projects, initiatives, and fundraising campaigns.
The successful applicant must have a sincere interest in animal protection and be a second or third-year law student who has been involved with their law school’s SALDF chapter for at least a year. The ideal candidates will be outgoing, assertive, creative, self-motivated, and passionate about outreach and advocacy.
Internships are for a period of 28 weeks, for up to 7.5 hours per week, with hours being flexible in terms of how they are divided over the 28 weeks. The pay is $15 an hour. The internship will take place during fall semester 2014 and spring semester 2015 and the start date is flexible.
Law students interested in applying should forward a cover letter, resume, transcript (unofficial is okay), and responses to the below questions to Nicole Pallotta at email@example.com. Please consolidate application materials into one PDF, if possible. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered. In the alternative, materials can be sent to:
Animal Legal Defense Fund
SALDF Representative Position
919 SW Taylor St.
Portland, OR 97205
Attention: Nicole Pallotta
Application Questions (Please number your responses and provide in a separate document.):
1. Describe your involvement with your SALDF chapter.
2. Do you have leadership experience? If so, describe.
3. Do you have event planning experience? If so, describe.
4. Do you have experience in outreach and advocacy? If so, describe.
5. Do you have fundraising experience? If so, describe.
Location: Washington, D.C.