Clerkships, Internships & Fellowships
Law students looking for clerkships, internships or fellowships can find a curated list of opportunities here.
Interested in promoting your opportunity? Fill out our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
The International Fund for Animal Welfare
Founded in 1969, the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is an international non-profit organization with offices in 15 countries. IFAW rescues and protects individual animals, animal populations and habitats all over the world. The Manager of Corporate & Legal Affairs acts as IFAW’s in-house counsel, providing legal support for IFAW’s work around the world. The Legal Intern will provide support on special projects to the Manager of Corporate & Legal Affairs.
This internship with IFAW will provide a lawyer or law student with a unique opportunity to gain expertise in the corporate affairs of international non-profit organizations, as well as in the legal matters of relevance to international non-profit organizations. The Legal Intern will gain practical legal skills and have the opportunity to contribute to IFAW’s work around the world on behalf of animals.
- Special projects as assigned by the Manager of Corporate and Legal Affairs, which may include: global review of IFAW’s corporate governance documents (Articles and Bylaws); research on legal issues in the jurisdictions in which IFAW operates, to assist IFAW in ensuring compliance and best practice; assist in updating IFAW policies, including through background research and proposing textual updates
- Ability to take initiative and complete projects, including handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in use of computers, specifically MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new legal software quickly
- Persons holding a Juris Doctor degree or currently enrolled in law school will be considered
- Availability to work 30-40 hours per week for 8-10 weeks during the summer of 2014, with some flexibility around schedule
- While this position is paid, interns are responsible for securing their own housing and transportation
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Recruitus@ifaw.org.
Location: Yarmouthport, Massachusetts