Clerkships, Internships & Fellowships
Law students looking for clerkships, internships or fellowships can find a curated list of opportunities here.
Interested in promoting your opportunity? Fill out our opportunity submission form, we will review your submission and consider it for publication on aldf.org.
The International Fund for Animal Welfare
Founded in 1969, the International Fund for Animal Welfare is an international non-profit organization that rescues and protects individual animals, animal populations and habitats all over the world. The Manager of Corporate & Legal Affairs acts as IFAW’s in-house counsel, providing legal support for IFAW’s work around the world. The Paralegal Intern will provide support to the Manager of Corporate & Legal Affairs, in particular around updating organizational systems to support IFAW’s corporate governance. The Paralegal Intern will gain expertise in handling corporate affairs for an international nonprofit with offices in 15 countries. The Paralegal Intern will gain practical paralegal skills and have the opportunity to contribute to IFAW’s work around the world on behalf of animals.
- Assist with corporate governance matters for IFAW’s entities around the world, including creating and updating electronic filing systems for IFAW’s corporate records, tracking and researching corporate registration requirements, and researching governance issues
- Maintain/create tracking systems and other information management processes for corporate and Board matters
- Assist with organizing and maintaining corporate and legal files
- Perform routine administrative and clerical duties (e.g., photocopying/scanning)
- Special projects as assigned
- Great organization and record-keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and complete projects, including handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in use of computers, specifically MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new legal software quickly
- Persons holding a paralegal certificate, currently enrolled in paralegal studies or with paralegal work experience will be considered
- Availability to work 30-40 hours per week for 8-12 weeks during the summer of 2014, with some flexibility around schedule
- While this position is paid, interns are responsible for securing their own housing and transportation
Location: Yarmouthport, Massachusetts