Annual Animal Law CLE Animal Law in the Headlines: Recent Advocacy and Protection Movements
May 9, 2014 – May 9, 2014 09:00 AM – 04:30 PM
Room 138, William H. Gates Hall, University of Washington School of Law
4293 Memorial Way NE
The University of Washington School of Law SALDF chapter’s 2014 Animal Law CLE is focused on the recent surge in awareness and support for animal advocacy issues. As society progresses, the ethical treatment of animals comes more to the forefront of our minds, as evidenced by popular documentaries, court cases, and state protection laws addressing animals in captivity and the wild.
Please join us for an exciting and thoughtful interdisciplinary event.
- Professor Frederick Lorenz: Animal law and the military
- Lisa Kane and Mary Sebek: Elephants in captivity
- Dr. Michelle McClure: “best available science” under the Endangered Species Act
- Kara Main-Hester: Animal shelter legal issues
- Chris Green of the Animal Legal Defense Fund: Litigation against “Ag Gag” laws
Visitour Website for Updates: http://www.law.washington.edu/saldf/
Contact Name: Sierra McWilliams
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org