Work with EJA Executive Director in organizing efforts to repeal the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act. Involves increasing awareness in the legal and legislative communities, forming coalitions with civil liberty, labor union, media associations, environmental and animal rights and welfare organizations.
Interviewing law students, and work with law students remotely on legal and fact research, and their presentation and advocacy skills. Organizing AETA speaking engagements – and speaking on the AETA -- at law schools and other venues. Organizing externship / internship programs year-round including daily conference calls and a summer speaker series for the externs. Use online collaborative tools, cloud filing and video conferencing. Examine fund raising opportunities. The position is available now and is a volunteer position.
- Attorney, admitted in any state in the U.S.
- Demonstrated interest in animal rights and / or civil liberties
- Able to dedicate 20+ hours / week during the summer, and 10-15 hours / week during the rest of the year.
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Good research, writing and editing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Odette J. Wilkens, Esq.
Equal Justice Alliance
10101 Ashburton Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817