Journal of Animal Ethics Call for Papers
Posted on May 16, 2011
An academic journal of progressive thought about animals published by the University of Illinois Press in partnership with the Ferrater Mora Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics.
- The Journal is a focus of inquiry, argument, and exchange dedicated to exploring the moral dimension of our relations with animals.
- Its aim is to put animals on the intellectual agenda and to stimulate discussion within academic and professional institutions.
- It is multidisciplinary in nature, international in scope, and peer-reviewed.
- It covers theoretical and applied aspects of animal ethics–of interest to academics from the humanities and the sciences, as well as professionals working in the field of animal protection.
- The Journal comprises: full-length scholarly articles, “Argument” pieces in which authors will advance a particular perspective (usually related to current affairs) or respond to a previous article, review or research reports, as well as review articles and reviews.
- The Editors are Professors Andrew Linzey and Priscilla N. Cohn.
Guidelines for authors and further details of the Journal are available here.
Contributions should be sent via email to the co-editor, Professor Andrew Linzey, at firstname.lastname@example.org, who would also be pleased to discuss potential contributions. Books for review should be sent to the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics, 91 Iffley Road, Oxford OX4 1EG.