Life on a Factory FarmPosted by Lisa Franzetta, ALDF's Director of Communications on September 3rd, 2009
Just a couple days left to request your free Farmed Animals and the Law brochures! They're great to hand out at events or to display at supporting merchants. You can even leave them on the coffee table for your meat-eating housemates to peruse. Email email@example.com to request yours today!
Farmed animals are among the most abused in the United States, in numbers that are so staggering as to be almost incomprehensible. Investigations and industry whistleblowers have discovered abuses on farms and in slaughterhouses that are so horrific, most people cannot even bear to witness them.
The Animal Legal Defense Fund seeks to develop creative legal strategies that allow us to improve and expand upon current law, looking toward a day when farmed animals receive basic protections under our legal system.
You can take a stand for farmed animals by taking these actions:
- One of the easiest ways to know you are not contributing to farmed animal abuse is by refusing to economically support these industries. Choose a vegan or vegetarian diet.
- Sign the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Animal Bill of Rights, to let your federal legislators know that all animals, including farmed animals, deserve basic legal protections that prevent the very worst abuses.
- Let your state legislators know that legal protections for animals are important to you.
- If you live in a farming community, tell your prosecutor that when anti-cruelty laws are broken on farms, you want to see the violators punished to the fullest extent of the law.
- Join ALDF's "Support Better Laws for Farmed Animals" cause on Facebook and spread the word to your Facebook friends.
- Actually, why limit it to Facebook friends? Let all of your friends and family know that farmed animals need our help by sharing this page with them!